Midwest Conference on Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine
November 23, 2013
Sheraton Crown Center Hotel, 2345 McGee Street, Kansas City, Mo.
Sponsored by the
Midwest Stem Cell Therapy Center
University of Kansas Medical Center
Continuing Education & Professional Development
OverviewThe purpose of this conference is to update physicians, scientists, nurses, APRN's, allied health professionals and trainees in the greater Midwest region on:
- the past, present and future of adult stem cell therapy;
- new diagnosis and treatment guidelines related to cell therapy for various medical conditions; and
- management of patients using these new cell transplantation technologies. A review of clinical trials that have contributed to the advancement of this field will be presented.
The participants will learn about advances in therapy with adult stem cells, examine the latest trends in regenerative medicine and gain a greater understanding of adult stem cell biology and their potential for tissue and organ regeneration.
The Midwest Conference on Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine is designed for physicians, scientists, advanced practice registered nurses, nurses, allied health professionals, and trainees in the fields of cardiovascular diseases, pulmonology, hematology & oncology, endocrinology, neurology and critical care.
At the completion of this symposium, participants should be able to:
- Discuss recent and ongoing clinical trials in adult stem cell therapy in various medical specialties.
- Assess the latest advances in adult stem cell therapy technologies.
- Identify the utility and effectiveness of various cell types and their potential effects.
- Describe emerging therapies and their effects on patients’ long-term outcomes.
- Recognize patients who can potentially benefit from cell therapy.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Sheraton Crown Center Hotel at the daily rate of $139.00 for single or double occupancy. To take advantage of the special rate, call 1-816-474-4400 and mention that you will be attending the Midwest Conference on Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine, or visit this link to register online.
These rooms will be held as a block, unless depleted, until October 30, 2013, at which time they will be released to the public. After October 30, room rate and availability cannot be guaranteed.
Location & Parking
All events will take place at the Sheraton Crown Center Hotel. Please bring a sweater or jacket, since temperatures can be difficult to control in large rooms. For more information about Kansas City area events, call the Visitor Information Line, 816-691-3800.
Commercial vendors are invited to exhibit at this meeting. Limited exhibit space will be available. Call Julie Darrington at 913-588-4581 or email email@example.com for an application or more information.
Call for Abstracts
Be a part of ground breaking research and share it with us at the Inaugural Midwest Conference on Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine. We are looking for abstracts on adult stem cell therapy and regenerative medicine for the meeting. If you have a poster abstract and would be interested in presenting during the conference, please see submission instructions below.
Submission Instructions: All submissions are due by November 15, 2013. You will be notified by email by November 18, 2013 if your abstract has been selected.
- Email abstract submissions to Caroline Murray, CCRC at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15, 2013;
- Original adult stem cell research (basic science or clinical trials);
- Work may not have been published at the time of award presentation (Prior presentation is permitted as long as the work has not yet been published.);
- Maximum of 2500 characters, not including spaces. Graphics or tables will count as 500 characters each.
- Completed disclosure form and CV are both required at the time of submission. Any submissions without them will be automatically disqualified.
Financial contributions and supporters of this program will be acknowledged in print and from the podium at the conference.