Online training— Online sessions meet every Tuesday and Thursday at 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Each year, hundreds of manufacturing practitioners worldwide learn to improve their engineering, manufacturing and process capabilities in manufacturing training seminars taught by our instructor, Joseph Berk. Our Manufacturing Performance Improvement Online Certificate Program allows individuals to receive training that was once available only to those whose companies would bring in Mr. Berk for onsite seminars. Best of all, the certificate can be completed online, so you will have no travel expenses or time away from the workplace.
Complete any three courses of your choice within two years to receive a Certificate in Manufacturing Performance or complete any six over three years and earn an Advanced Certificate in Manufacturing Performance.
Course offerings for this certificate are subject to change.
How the Manufacturing Performance Certificate Works
- Complete three courses of your choice over two years and earn a certificate in Manufacturing Performance
- Complete six courses of your choice over three years and earn an advanced certificate in Manufacturing Performance
What You Will Learn
- Proven approaches for quality improvement in manufacturing and service environments
- Quality-related statistical considerations presented in an easy-to-understand manner
- Approaches for identifying all potential failure causes
- Optimal corrective action selection and implementation
- Cost reduction and optimization approaches in manufacturing and industrial environments
- Risk identification and management techniques
- Proven logical approach for rapidly eliminating the causes of delinquent delivery performance
- Estimating methodologies and measures for cost minimization and control
- Which statistical process control might be an appropriate process control technique
Who Should Participate
This certificate program is intended for those who want to improve profitability, on-time delivery performance and customer satisfaction. The program will provide course participants with the tools and techniques needed to rapidly improve their manufacturing organizations. Course participants with backgrounds in manufacturing, engineering, procurement and quality assurance will find this training directly applicable to their work environment.
Joseph Berk has 30 years of training, management and consulting experience in high-technology, engineering and manufacturing organizations. Mr. Berk focuses on helping organizations improve their engineering, manufacturing and process capabilities, with a special emphasis on identifying and eliminating the causes of delinquent deliveries, product failures, excessive cost and inefficient practices. Mr. Berk has helped electronics, electro-optical, aerospace, automotive, biomedical, marine, ordnance, consumer goods, water treatment, metal fabrication and government organizations. He has held senior management positions in engineering and operations. Mr. Berk's experience adds a "real-world" dimension to his training and consulting engagements that his clients and students appreciate.
Mr. Berk is the author of several books on systems management and continuous improvement, as well as articles appearing in PC World, Manage, National Defense, Contract Management, Test Engineering, Inland Business, and other publications. He authored the book used for this course.
Mr. Berk is an expert witness on process optimization, manufacturing management, product assurance, statistics, cost estimation and failure analysis before the U.S. Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals. He holds undergraduate and graduate degrees in mechanical engineering from Rutgers University and an M.B.A. from Pepperdine University.