Online Certificate Program
Online training: Online sessions meet every Tuesday at 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Although Module 1 has begun, registration is open for Modules 2 and 3 of the course. You can begin with Modules 2 and 3 and finish up with Module 1 next year. Please look over the course content to see what is covered in each module. You are required to take all three modules if you wish to receive a certificate.
The Asphalt Pavement Management, Recycling & Preservation Online Certificate Program consists of three modules covering pavement evaluation, management, recycling and preservation. Those who are faced with the challenges of maintaining roadways on a shrinking budget will learn cost and energy—efficient strategies to extend the useful service life of pavement. The instructor, Blair Barnhardt, has spent over 30 years building roads and implementing the technologies presented in this class. He has taught his innovative asphalt pavement recycling and preservation procedures to thousands of agency engineers, resulting in millions of dollars in savings.
Participants in this training program will learn:
- to evaluate pavement distress and recommend repair strategies
- to use techniques such as crack sealing/filling, patching, chip seals, slurry seals, microsurfacing, thin overlays
- to couple the pavement management program to the recycling and preservation components
- to identify strategies to get more years of service from newer pavements
Who Should Enroll
Maintenance supervisors, construction and design engineers, contractors, consultants, and municipal engineers with responsibility for managing maintenance budgets, determining pavement repair or rehabilitation techniques, or implementing pavement maintenance programs. Manufacturers and suppliers of pavement materials will also find the course beneficial.
Why Choose an Online Course
There are many advantages to an online course:
- Minimum time away from the workplace
- No travel and related expenses
- Flexible study time and work pace
- Convenient e-mail access to the instructor
Why Choose This Certificate Program
Upon your successful completion of the three program modules, the certificate awarded to you by the University of Kansas will document your specialized education and knowledge in paving management. It can serve as evidence of your qualifications and competence to present or potential employers.